It is no secret that Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is possibly my very favorite place on earth. It is my happy place and I never tire of visiting. Seriously…I NEVER tire of it. I mean, it’s DISNEY! Disney can add magic and brilliance to anything they touch…this I know for sure!! And when you visit Disney World in Florida there are four large parks to explore. That means there are never ending possibilities for magical moments…moments that make memories that will put a smile on your face every time you think of them.
Now, we all know that Disney has made MANY wonderful movies over the years. But did you know that when you visit Disney World many of the Disney movies are brought to life in one way or another?
Beauty and The Beast is one of the many films that Disney has “brought to life” at Disney World. This is exciting because it is one of my favorite movies. Isn’t it yours? Well, it has materialized in the most fabulous way in the Fantasyland area of The Magic Kingdom. There is the castle, Gaston’s Tavern and Belle’s cottage. All of which serve different purposes and were magnificently created.
I’m a little ADD so let me quickly mention the movie again as that is where my mind went. My amazing husband purchased tickets for us, well in advance, to go to the March 17th premiere of Disney’s live action version of Beauty and the Beast.
The movie did not disappoint! It was brilliantly made with nothing being left out and just the right amount of story-line being added. We walked out of the theater and I immediately said that I wanted to see it again. Yeah, it was that good!
Watching the movie made me miss Walt Disney World and crave a meal at the Be Our Guest Restaurant which is located inside the Beast’s castle. The restaurant serves French inspired dishes that are delicious and desserts that melt in your mouth! You can eat breakfast, lunch and/or dinner there and it is an experience I highly recommend!
If you have never been to Walt Disney World but are planning a visit you must plan a meal at the Be Our Guest restaurant. Let me convince you of why this should be at the top of your list of things to do…
- Hello! It’s the castle of Belle and Prince Adam! Isn’t that enough reason to visit?
- When approaching the castle, you cross a large stone bridge that is guarded by gargoyles. Looking to the left you can see part of the castle peaking above snow-capped mountains in the distance. Closer to you is a mountain stream cascading down from the peaks with green grass and wildflowers. It is all very enchanting. Looking straight ahead you will see the giant doors, protected by an oversized stone lion on each side of the doors. The scene has been set and you know you are walking into something magical and grand.
- No detail has been spared from the approach, the entrance, and within. You truly feel as if you are in a castle.
- When you order your food, you are in the library.
There are giant stacks of books all around and each stack consists of a computer hidden within. You step right up to a stack of books, read the screen, which is designed to look like a scroll, and place your order by touching the screen. No money or cards are necessary. You simply hold your Magic Mickey wristband up to the wand, it is scanned and you are good to go!
- After ordering you seat yourself and the 3 dining room options are fantastic! 1. You can choose to sit in the grand ballroom with chandeliers, floor to ceiling windows with snow-capped mountains on the other side and a lavishly painted ceiling. 2. OR you can choose to sit in the west wing which is Beast’s forbidden room. This dining area is dimly lit, has the enchanted rose on display and a massive fireplace with a ripped portrait of Prince Adam above it. The mood is set with thunder and lightning happening in the distance every 8 to 10 minutes. This room is absolutely amazing! You have to watch the portrait when it thunders. There is a secret to it that I didn’t discover until our second time eating there! Now watch closely, okay?
3. Your third dining choice is a brightly lit, quaint room known as the Rose Gallery portrait room. There are canvas paintings all over the walls of Beast and Belle doing all sorts of things together. The portraits look professionally painted and will make you smile at what they capture.In the center of the room is a larger than life jewelry box sculpture of Belle and the Beast dancing and twirling, much like a jewelry box ballerina. It is beautiful.
- Once you choose your place to sit and settle in your food will be delivered to you in no time at all! How the waiters know how to find you is a Disney secret that I have yet to figure out. However, before you know it your food is being carted out to you by a waiter dressed in French inspired clothing and pushing a cart, domed in glass, with your food under the glass.
The food is always hot and delicious and the server is always wearing a smile!
- It’s NOT expensive. With a dining experience like this you would think that the prices of the food would be high. Well, they are not! That’s why we eat there as often as we can get a reservation!
- The choice of desserts will cause you to struggle in your decision. We chose four different desserts and they were all delicious but trust me when I say, “Try the Grey Stuff, it’s DELICIOUS!”.
- Nothing in organization has been missed to make this a joyful experience for you. The only frustration you may have is not knowing to book a reservation. I’m telling you this now…MAKE A RESERVATION…so not being able to get in is a frustration and disappointment that simply won’t happen. UNLESS, you forget to make the reservation. It is super easy to make a reservation using the Disney app on your phone. You can also call 1-407-939-5277, which will connect you to a Disney staff member. They can help you with anything and everything! ((I have them in my phone contacts!)) Also, don’t panic if you are told there are no times available for a reservation. This is a VERY popular place to eat for both the experience and the food, so they book up fast. However, you can still get in. Simply keep checking the app and be flexible. People cancel at last minute and this is how you get your reservation. Last time we were there I tried for 2 weeks prior to get reservations with no luck. Once we were there I managed to get two different reservations. One for the same day I was looking and one for two days later. We took them both and rearranged our plans to make those meal times happen. It was so worth it!!
- Take your time and enjoy the environment. After you eat, walk around the different rooms and explore. It is perfectly okay and in fact encouraged.